I made a really really cool tie-dye t-shirt at the family reuinion this past weekend, and in the process turned my hands completely purple. It was kinda cool... but it took about two days for my hands to return to normal.
Because I am a rather scatterbrained individual, I wore the shirt to FHE tonight - we were playing water kickball. I didn't do too shabby.... I even made it all the way around the bases, slid into home, and then turned completely purple. Yes- I neglected to wash and dry the t-shirt after making it.
I got home and the first thing my Mom said was "Well, at least we know with you around we'll never get bored...."
It's probably the most blond moment I've had in years. I pulled off my shirt when I got home and I looked like I had fallen down the stairs and then been beaten. Almost my entire body was purple - my left thigh, stomach, back, chest, arms, hands, and neck - I did a good job of it.
So I was trying to make the most of my situation by coming up with a good story to tell everyone at work tomorrow (as to why I was purple)- while I climbed in the shower. I figured it definitely couldn't hurt to try and get it off... so I grabbed a bottle of rubbing alcohol and wash cloth and hopped in. The rubbing alcohol has blessed my life- it got all the purple off! (Well almost, part of my arm still looks slightly discolored.) Granted, I probably smell like I'm drunk- but at least I'm purple free :)
So I have a new testimony of rubbing alcohol. And my own idiocy. I could try to blame it on my lack of sleep or something, but I don't think that quite cuts it. Bascially my Mom was right - she'll never have to worry about being bored while I am around.
4 comments:
:) That happened to my hands right before a dance once upon a time. I wore gloves for a large portion of the night.
Right on.
Oh dear! Exciting! That's amazing! I should have come for real to see how everyone looked afterwards. Little did you know that you were fortelling your own disaster... :)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! :D that totally just made my day!
I randomly found your blog!! I love new blogs. And I love that you turned purple. If you had to turn any color, that's the best one! :)
Post a Comment