Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Picture Perfect

So I practically live in this little computer lab called the YETC. (Which, in case you were desperate to know... stands for 'The Adele & Dale Young Education Technology Center.) My favorite place to work while I am in the lab is the little computer lab in the back right corner. It is usually mostly deserted, and therefore quiet, excepting for that nice humming sound 20 computers make by themselves. I usually pick to sit down at the fourth computer in, on the back row; left side of the lab. That just happens to be where I am sitting now as I type. Sometimes I mix it up and choose the second or third computer in on the second row though. Go figure.

Anyways. Now that you know where to find me if I am not home or in class...

I love this little place, not because it is quiet, or because I seem to get a lot of work done while I sit there... but because of the amazing backgrounds on each of the screens.

I walk in, and all the screens are dark, which makes me excited to jiggle the mouse so that I can see what glorious picture awaits me.
Currently, my computer is sporting a picture of the San Francisco bridge, lit up with lights during the sunset. The mountains in the background are silouetted black, and the water looks purple. Next to me I see some bright yellow daisies close up, surrounded by the pink and blue of other flowers.

These scenes changes probably every half hour or so... and inevitably when a new one comes up I will let out a sigh of longing... wishing that I could leave the dusty computer lab and hop right into the picture... so that I can sit on the upturned boat by the crystal clear blue lake, or watch the pink sunset at the top of the mountain, looking down into the lushly green valley. Or fly straight into the bright orange sunset on top of the clouds.
Sigh

The mill over the waterfall looks like an incredible place to explore, and the lonely tree overlooking the lake needs a friend to enjoy the sunburst through the clouds with.

I know it is probably silly to take so much notice of the computer backgrounds, but I can't help it. They make me so happy, and so jealous of whomever got to take the picture.

Maybe one day I'll decide to be a photogrpaher, then I'll have a really good excuse to hunt down all of these places :)

So I just wanted to say thank you. To those photographers who took the pictures, and the person who decided to put them in the YETC for me to enjoy. They'll never know how thoroughly they are being appreciated.

Aren't they just incredible?

1 comment:

Snoopy said...

Those pictures just made my day! Ahhh when you go, take me with you...!