Thursday, June 17, 2010

Positoovity

Does anyone else know this song? It's from Broadway's 'The Little Mermaid.' Scuttle sings it to Ariel after she gets her legs and loses her voice. It's all about attitude. I absolutely love it.

During the song he sings about about how even if you don't have brains or looks you can still convince everyone that you are pretty fantastic just by having a little 'positoovity.' I laugh every time I listen to it, I think mostly because it's so true.

I realize so often that I am so inadequate in so many ways... but if I just act a little bit more positive than I feel then everybody seems to buy my act. Isn't that crazy? I wonder how many of us wander around life acting like we've got everything together when on the inside we're wondering why someone isn't laughing at us for being ridiculous.

So. If you are having a down day, or wondering how in the world you are going to hold your head up for another hour, or if you just need a silly smile and confidence boost: look up Positoovity and listen to it. Hopefully you'll love it just as much as I do!

2 comments:

David Val said...

Kiddo - you have it more together than you think. I know nothing but good things are ahead for you.

your slightly bias Uncle,
David

Mimi said...

I agree!! We could all take a lesson from "a gull who knows" all about positoovity!! I need to get a copy of that for my car !! Love that song....way builder upper!! Good call girl!