Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Arch-Nemesis

Last week I had a conversation with a boy. Part of it went something sort of like this:

Me: I have a feeling we are going to be friends.
Him: Why?
Me: Why not?
Him: Are you trying to force me to be your friend?
Me: Well... I'd rather not try to force you to be my friend...
Him: Well, how can you say that then?
Me: Let's just say I have this intuitive feeling.
Him: Hmm... WAIT! Oh my! WAIT! I have an idea!! Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be ark-enemies???
Different Him: Don't you mean arch-enemies?
Him: Yeah that's what I mean, but ark-enemies sounds cooler.
Me: Haha, sure, but you'd better watch out....

And that's how it happend. I have a new 'arch-enemy.'

Sunday night he stuck a note to my door. It features a picture of a tiny car driving into a very large tornado. Underneath the caption reads: 'Perserverence; the courage to ignore the obvious wisdom of turning back.'

Below that he put, "Krystal, are you sure you are ready for this? Your currently-using-the-last-bit-of-mercy-in-him arch-nemesis, Me. And then below that: 'Can I please get a list of your visiting teaching supervisors?' Ha.

I think I'm going to take him that list he asked for. With a big plate of cookies. He can't eat cookies... he's allergic to wheat. Hahahaha. I have a feeling this is going to be good :D

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Haha, that is sweet!

Mimi said...

so seriously ---what does a guy eat that is allergic to wheat?