Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Story

Books have always been a refuge for me. A marvelous way to slip into a different world for a few hours, make new friends, fall in love, cry, and fuel the fire of my own imagination.

Lately they don't satisfy the way they should though. Instead of leaving me with a delicious feeling of contentment, I find myself setting the book down and then starting a new one in my own head. A novel, where I am the heroine. Only, I don't know how the plot should go.

I'm finding that I am no longer content to just to read about happily ever after anymore, I don't want to imagine new places in my head... instead I want to write the stories myself. I want to go on an exciting adventure to someplace that I've only ever heard about. I want to discover a secret. I want to fall in love with someone real. I want someone real to fall in love with me.

I know that technically I'm living my own plot right now, and so far I like the story line, but I wish I could develop it further in the direction I want. But I can't. If there is one thing I've learned about life: it's always full of surprises. And we aren't always in total control of how our own story turns out. Guess I'll just have to learn to be patient as mine unfolds.

2 comments:

Snoopy said...

I know what you mean... I read some books this break and I have a hard time staying focused on them because I'm constantly getting distracted and comparing them to my life... and it never quite satisfies. Lately reading books that talk about the same sorts of things I dream about only intensifies my impatience for my dreams to come true... bah. Patience. Double bah. :)

Chess said...

Oh girl, I know the feeling!! I feel the exact same way. Want to listen to one of my favorite songs? "She's Gonna Find Me Here" by Melee. I was listening to it today, and I think it fits us (and your post) perfectly. I think you'd really like it! Chin up, girl, we're gonna find our happily ever after and it'll be better than any book we ever read. :-)