Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Why do I remember so many dang dreams anyways?

I am softly falling into oblivion.... wrapped beneath a thick layer of blankets and contentment. Protection. Drowsiness brings with it the perfect serenity that can only be found in that moment of complete stillness between dreams and waking.

And then YOU appear.

Suddenly I dream, and the only safe harbor I had left is stripped away. In my dream I feel vivid sensations that belong only to the world of waking. YOU turned them into a horrible, wonderful fantasy. Only I can't decide which you turned it to...

Was Cinderella right when she said that "A dream is a wish your heart makes?" -I don't know if I like that.

Is it possible to meet someone "Once upon a dream?"

Don't get me wrong. YOU don't appear every night. Not even close. But since the first time you were there, I find myself no longer able to look towards sleep as a reprise. Will YOU be there tonight? Waiting?

Do I want you to be?

No comments: