Monday, March 2, 2009

Sunday is my favorite day of the week

Heavenly Father loves me. And he helps me fix problems that I didn't even know how to define, much less solve. I'm glad that he is watching over me. I'm glad that he hears and answers my prayers even if it's not always how I think I'd like them to be answered. I have been truly blessed this week by him, and gratitude prompted me to get up and bear my testimony in sacrament meeting today, which is always a completely nerve wracking experience for me. I shake and my heart pounds and half the time I don't even know if the words coming out of my mouth make any sense at all...

Anyways.

I stayed up late last night and slept in this morning... thus when my phone rang and woke me up I answered it and prayed that I wouldn't sound like a frog. The bishop asked if I would be able to come see him, and I wholeheartedly agreed to come meet with him two hours later. I then hung up the phone and fell right back asleep.

My meeting with him went well, and church was great. I was sustained today as a member of the compassionate service committe. Basically I get to watch out for the other sisters in the ward and try to help those who may be having a rough time. I am super excited, and nervous at the same time. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve though.

Tonight was busy: a fireside, getting set apart, practicing a musical number, ward chior, ward prayer, and talking to Gentry about compassionate service, then my home teacher's came over and I got in a few game of mancala in with Jay after that.... whew. But I like staying busy, it's so much better than being bored :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KRYSTAL!!! I'm so so so excited for you!!! That is perfectly, exactly what you need. But I'm actually more excited that I get to see you in less than 24 hours! Just under 15 actually!!! YAY!!!