I was talking to a really dear friend tonight, and she was telling me something she's been thinking about.
A child is so simple. The world to them is very plain. There are straight answers. A square has four sides, when someone tells you something you can trust it, and everyone is important. Most of all: it's ok to not know all the answers to every question. They don't overanalyze things, and maybe that's because they don't know how... but I like to think it's because in their childlike wisdom- they know that analyzation won't help fix anything.
I think lots of people overreact to too many things. I do sometimes too... but I've noticed that I can sit and psychoanalyze a problem for hours- and just psychoanalyzing it... 99.9% of the time.... doesn't help.
Usually I decide to try to chill and go with the flow- but occasionally it gets hard when I find people trying to drag me into their desperate frenzy to understand everything... and I find it hard to stick with keeping things simple.
Why do we insist on making everything more complex than it needs to be?
I want to be better at viewing the world the way a child does. Simple. No need to freak out about things- because things have a way of figuring themselves out... and even if they don't-
God is over all. So it doesn't matter anyways, because he is the Master.
1 comment:
What a great insight! I love little kids, and that's a great way to look at life. :)
Post a Comment