Remember a few weeks ago -- I made a bargain with the ward mission leader. He said he would become a 100% attendee of FHE if I found someone for the missionaries to teach.
Well last night I was on my way to ward volleyball when I met my non-member neighbor friend outside. I invited him to come with me to play, and he came along eagerly. On the way home I asked him if he'd like to come again next week, and he said he'd like to, and then asked if he would need to 'enroll' or 'sign-up.' I kind of chuckled at the perfect opportunity- and then explained how ward volleyball was set up. This led to a discussion about the church, which led to a discussion about what I believe, which led to a dicussion about he belives, which led to talking about the missionaries and church, which led to talking about the Bible and Book of Mormon, which led to giving him a Book of Mormon and bearing my testimony, which led to him expressing interest in learning more.
So either he really is interested... was just being super nice, or the third option is that perhaps he didn't quite understand everything I said: which is possible considering that he's from India. I'm hoping it's the first one.
Sharing the gosple with him made me so excited and so happy! I was on such a spiritual high last night. God really does help us acheive the rightous desires of our hearts! My testimony of this has been strengthened so much. He also gives us amazing opportunities to share the gosple when we pray for them, even when we weren't sure at all about how we were going to find someone to share the truth with.
So I am so stoked... and I will be so excited if we are able to get my friend an appointment to meet with the missionaries!
Especially since this will doom Riley to keeping his end of the deal for sure :D
2 comments:
I hope everything works out! Good luck!
Hahahaha YES!! You go. Good luck!
Post a Comment