Sunday, March 7, 2010

One year older and...

not really wiser. At least I don't feel any smarter.

But I do feel blessed. I am such a lucky girl! Friday I was just finishing up work when I started to walk back towards the school building. I saw two ladies coming out of the front doors, and when they saw me they started waving like crazy at me. I was really confused, wondering who those silly ladies were, until I got closer and realized that my Mom and Bee (my Grandma) had come up to surprise me and take me to a birthday lunch. We ate at Cafe Rio, went shopping, and had a marvelous time!

Afterwards I got to hang out with some girls from my major, walk around campus with my darling friend Sharlee who came up from Snow to visit me... and then come back to my apartment. When I walked in the door, about 15 friends or so all shouted 'happy birthday,' and Matt started serenading me with "Happy Birthday" on the bagpipes outside my window. It was the best surprise party I've ever had, and so much fun! Then on saturday I got to go to lunch again! Play with Sharlee and Dora, and then go to an Aggie basketball game. The game was intense, and so much fun! It's pretty much been the best weekend ever, and I feel so lucky to have so many fantastic friends and family who decided to make a fuss over me this weekend.

2 comments:

Chess said...

I'm glad you had such a fun birthday! I might die of ecstasy if someone ever serenaded me with bagpipes. SO. JEALOUS. :)

Juli said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you had a great birthday weekend.