Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dream the Impossible Dream

I've been thinking lately... about wishes, and dreams. And I've been secretly building this new dream, one that looks fairly sketchy. It makes me happy to dream it, and scared that it won't come true. I've wondered if I should just kill it, or if I should just dream it anyways.

And then I remembered this great movie called "Secondhand Lions." Seen it? It's a very cute movie, and one of the main themes is that you choose what you want to believe in; just because something isn't true, realistic or even plausible does not mean you shouldn't believe it.

I'll bet most of us believe seemingly impossible things every day without realizing it. Impossible things regularly occur that we never stop to think about. Flowers bloom, people change, and because we get used to these small wonders we don't stop and think about how everything in life is miraculous.

So. I am going to choose to believe what I want. Even if other's may call it foolish, because God is over all. And because he is over all, and because I believe he wants me to be happy, I am going to feel free to dream big impossible dreams and believe in impossible miracles.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

it is good to believe the impossible!! sometimes I believe six impossible things --before breakfast :)