Monday, September 20, 2010

Gen-Ed Blues

Do you even know how ridiculous it feels to go back to gen-ed courses when you are used to being in a program and specialization where your largest class contains no more than 40 people, and your smallest is only 15? Where every single one of your professors knows you by name... and where you refer to each of your class's not by their title, (because you don't know the title), but by the Professor's first name? (i.e. Scott's class, and Trina's class, etc...) Where you work your tail off, every day, but you don't mind so much because you enjoy what you are studying and you know it's going to get you somewhere...

Yeah, it's nice to go back to the squishy-easy-autopilot mode sometimes... but I'm finding that gen-ed bugs me a whole lot more than I remember it bothering me.

Oh well. Life could be worse right?

Tonight for my "Dress and Humanity" class we had a talent show. I made a dress out of blue and purple bandanas, it was actually pretty cool if I do say so myself (both the show and my dress). I enjoyed the project; I do not enjoy going to that class. It's RIDICULOUS. Easy yes, but ridiculous nonetheless. Just so you know. If you decide to take it don't you dare say you weren't warned.

Yeah. For all you out there who are getting ready to start your program, I am so excited for you. It's so cool to get out of gen-ed. Just don't be dumb like me and decide to go back for seconds once you get out.

Ok. Gen-ed isn't all that bad. I actually like my Anthropology class, not gonna lie. It's just pathetically easy. But I shouldn't complain about that I guess. Haha. I'm feeling so fickle tonight.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

so where are the pictures? I soooo wanted to see pictures :)