Monday, November 15, 2010

*Groan*

Do you know what the biggest problem is with having your heart mutilated and torn to pieces?

It becomes very hard to find the motivation to date. At all.

Sharlee decided that she'd like to go to the IWA dance this weekend. So I told her that I would go with her, and we set about finding boys to ask (seeing as it's a girl's choice dance.)

I came up with a few options, but to be honest, none of them were super exciting to me. Sharlee accused me of being picky, but really... the only reason I'm going is for her. I probably wouldn't go if she didn't want me to.

Anyways. I finally picked a boy. And was happy with the prospect of spending the evening with him. And then I got to gain some sympathy for all the guys who ask girls on dates... it was hard to dial his number.

He answered, and being the rather blunt person that I am prone to be, I did not mince words one bit. I asked him if he'd be willing to go to the dance friday. He let out a huge groan, and apologized because he cannot go friday. He's busy. I told him not to worry about it, hung up the phone, and realized that I feel a lot worse for him than I do for me. Saying no to people is not fun. Not fun at all. And he did sound genuinely sorry. Plus, to be honest, I like my little life right now, and I'm just not that excited about dating.

I blame "HIM". The unmentionable him... the one Sharlee calls 'idiot' because she has to deal with the repercussions he helped cause. But mostly I blame my own stupid self. It was my own fault for letting him.

I know I SHOULD have the desire to date, but it just isn't there.

2 comments:

Snoopy said...

I hear you... and I'm sorry. I know how hard that is.

Give me a week, and we can talk and fix this stupid mess made by stupid him, okay? :) or attempt to... haha. I love you!

Taylor said...

AMEN sista. I have absolutely no desire in the world to date. NONE. For mildly different reasons, but I agree on all of your feelings. Saying no royally sucks too, been there.

And I also can sympathize with Sharlee. My roommie last year had a missionary and it was on and off and on and off and I wanted to THROTTLE that poor missionary for making me go through so much grief.

In summary. I feel for you.