Tuesday, June 7, 2011

He Used the Word 'Date'

I received a phone call early this afternoon, in which a handsome young man asked me if I would go on a date with him. And he actually used the word date. And I was surprised and impressed by his frank non-ambiguousness. Because really, I don't even remember the last time a boy called me and said that he would like to take me on a "date." I've been called and asked if I'd like to go with a young man to a dinner or activity or something, and I knew it was a date... but I don't remember the last time a gentleman used this particular word when asking me.

Why is it that for some reason that particular word is frightening? Sometimes I feel everyone slinks around and avoids the use of the term until after the date is over. (Am I the only one who feels like this happens?) I guess it's kinda scary sometimes to put yourself out there in order to ask someone on a date, but still. It is sooo nice to know what is going on. It was completely refreshing today to know that whatever upcoming activity he has planned will be classified as a date - and I don't have to wonder about it beforehand.

I was proud of him. And impressed. And if he ever reads any of these silly musings of mine he should know that I say kudos to him.

Now I just have to decide what to wear :)

4 comments:

Alex Jackson said...

KRYSTAL!!! I can't wait until Thursday and I get to giggle with you about boys all night long!! Its going to be AWESOME! :D

Mrs. Darcy said...

Wow! What a great guy! And props to him for actually having a spine :)

Mimi said...

can anyone say LETS GO SHOPPING :D

Snoopy said...

I like your madre's comment :) And you're cute. And I totally agree. :)