Thursday, August 4, 2011

Do you believe in coincidence?

They say hind-sight is 20/20. When I look back at my life I never cease to marvel how even small things wove themselves into the fabric of my story, and have made the tapestry take a beautiful, albeit extremely unexpected twist into a beautiful and elaborate design. And I look back, I realize how vital some random things were, and how other things that, at the time, I thought might be important, weren't half as important as I thought they were.

Last night my boss asked me a question about my personal life. He is like a big brother to me, we talk about a lot of things; he's helped me in many ways. But last night, those 4 little VERY unexpected words that came out of his mouth caused my heart to leap in a way that I haven't felt since.... well anyways.

And a good hour later, when we were still on the same subject (a subject which has to do with me and another person) --- he turned to me and said, "You know. I don't know what the crap is compelling me to talk to you about this."

Because he was talking to me about a ship that has already sailed in my life. A book that I had firmly closed. And while the conversation was fascinating, it's also been frustrating.... because it's made my heart remember things that I had forgotten. Things that were a relief to forget.

And so I sit and ask myself: is this conversation coincidence? Nothing more than a random walk down memory lane?

Or was something compelling him to ask because I need to think about it again?

It doesn't matter really, cause I won't know till later. And that's actually a relief in this case.

1 comment:

Snoopy said...

Hmmm.... I wonder.