Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Ruined Life-Long Goal

I've always found the workings of the human body to be fascinating.  However there are few reasons that I chose not to go into the medical field despite my fascination.  Perhaps you will understand if I tell you that I have never been able to watch myself get poked by a needle. I tried to watch a video of a surgery in college.... I nearly passed out. I have made it my secret goal to go my entire life without ever having to give anyone a shot. Ever. (Not even my future children.)

Hence I went into education. I figured that field was nice and safe and far away from needles and scalpels.

So how blasted ironic is it that my very first job after graduating in education is requiring me to administer insulin shots?

I am not happy about this. This is, in fact, ruining my secret lifelong goal.

Luckily I didn't get woozy when I had to watch today....

No comments: