Because we're mortal. It's true. It's just a part of being here, with a veil separating us from everything that we truly know, making it fuzzy and blurry and a little bit scary to believe in, just in case, you know, just on that small little off chance that everything is wrong. It's that little bit of fear, and that little part of us that lets doubt in, that's what keeps us from trusting and being happy no matter what. That is truly the great struggle of life: to find and close that little door that lets in the doubt, and to lock it shut forever, keeping our faith bright and strong. That's called perfection - and we'll get there someday, with a lot of help from our Savior.
Life is beautiful, and God is good. There are lovely things in store for each of us. We'll get there :)
Amen to Snoopy's comment. I like this person, Krystal... we're kinda deep thinkers the group of us. Remember when Camille, you and I determined we could only be friends with deep-thinking people? ;) Just kidding. Anyways- I did have some actually related things to say- I believe trust is truly the test of this life. Finding a way to simply let go of the reaches of our understanding and knowledge and innately mortal impulses to always know for ourselves what is and what is not... and then to place all bets on something we simply "hope for"- no matter how big the decision, how uncertain the outcome... we are just required to trust. To have faith. And hope for the grace of the Almighty to be our safety net. :) And He'll never let us down. He's proven it time and again, in our lives and in the lives of those around us. I trust Him-- with everything I am. If I couldn't rely on Him life would be a whole heap harder. Just sayin. ;)
2 comments:
Because we're mortal.
It's true. It's just a part of being here, with a veil separating us from everything that we truly know, making it fuzzy and blurry and a little bit scary to believe in, just in case, you know, just on that small little off chance that everything is wrong. It's that little bit of fear, and that little part of us that lets doubt in, that's what keeps us from trusting and being happy no matter what. That is truly the great struggle of life: to find and close that little door that lets in the doubt, and to lock it shut forever, keeping our faith bright and strong. That's called perfection - and we'll get there someday, with a lot of help from our Savior.
Life is beautiful, and God is good. There are lovely things in store for each of us. We'll get there :)
Amen to Snoopy's comment. I like this person, Krystal... we're kinda deep thinkers the group of us. Remember when Camille, you and I determined we could only be friends with deep-thinking people? ;) Just kidding. Anyways- I did have some actually related things to say- I believe trust is truly the test of this life. Finding a way to simply let go of the reaches of our understanding and knowledge and innately mortal impulses to always know for ourselves what is and what is not... and then to place all bets on something we simply "hope for"- no matter how big the decision, how uncertain the outcome... we are just required to trust. To have faith. And hope for the grace of the Almighty to be our safety net. :) And He'll never let us down. He's proven it time and again, in our lives and in the lives of those around us. I trust Him-- with everything I am. If I couldn't rely on Him life would be a whole heap harder. Just sayin. ;)
Post a Comment