Sometimes I go through and re-read old posts I've written. Usually just the funny ones so that I can remember fun experiences I've be blessed to have. Last night though I went through and read some that are kind of ambiguous. Ones from a specific time in my life. It amazes me that just reading those few paragraphs I wrote can bring back such vivid feelings and memories of what I was doing and how I felt. And reading those things put what my life is like now into a better perspective than I had before. I didn't necessarily liked what I discovered... but I'm grateful for it.
Sometimes I wonder why I bother to post things here for the world. Or why I bother to write in my journal every single night. But it's so worth it -- because I discover things about myself as I'm scribbling or typing. Some people write to feel connected, and that's definitely part of the appeal here --- but mostly I write so that I can discover myself. And so that I can remember.
Why do you write? And if you don't... why not?
1 comment:
I write for many of the same reasons. I write to remember how I was feeling and thinking at specific times in my life-- I write to express what I can't in verbal words... I write to figure out what is going on inside my head sometimes. There is a power in writing that can't really be explained until you discover it for yourself. I most certainly understand the importance and blessing of being able to blog and journal-write and share experiences with others. :) Love you Krystal!
Post a Comment