Sunday, July 29, 2012

I like my car

For those of you who may be unaware, I drive a beat up '94 Honda Civic. It's a running debate about what color she is - some claim it's purple, others say blue, and still a few have said silver. Really it's somewhere in the middle of all those. She has some dings and dents, and a sun worn hood - but she's all mine, and I love her.

I have some great memories in that car. Long drives to college. Cruising around Logan. Late night conversations with friends. My first kiss. The time it was decorated with 'just married' by my punk of a friend... anyways. Those memories are some of the reasons I love Sue, as I have affectionately dubbed her. The real reason I think I adore my vehicle though is because some of my best thinking is done while I"m driving.

I love to talk to God while I'm in my car. I muse on the mysteries of life... day dream, find out about myself, what I want and what I don't want. It's almost a sacred place to me - where I can be alone in peace, without any worry that someone will disturb me. I've had some great realizations and given myself some awesome pep-talks in my car.

I've been contemplating selling her before I leave for my mission - which has made me go all nostalgic and think about the fact that I am so in love with this little old lady.

Do you love your car as much as I love mine? I hope so. For your sake. 

No comments: