Once upon a time Krystal realized that her luck with men is not so good...
Wednesday morning started off like any other. Krystal found herself driving to work when an old man with a moustache decided to make kissy faces at her from his car. Although slightly disturbed, she determined not to let it ruin her day.
That evening she went country dancing and found herself wishing that an old man with a moustache was the only interesting encounter she'd have in a day. A young gentleman asked her to dance a few times, and although uninterested in him, he seemed nice enough - so she said yes each time he asked. Just prior to leaving, said young man (who happens to be named after a popular brand of peanut butter) told Krystal that she could ask for his number.
It was difficult not to laugh when phrased that way... but she covered it up with a smile and informed him that she didn't have a way to take down his number, the following conversation went something like this:
Boy: "You don't have a phone?!"
Krystal: "I have one, but I left it in the car."
B: "Oh... well if you wanted me to have your number that'd be fine."
K: "Do you want my number?"
B: "I want you to give me some indication that you want me to have your number. Cause I have this thing about asking pretty girls for their numbers..."
K: "I wouldn't have offered if I was uncomfortable with the idea of you having it."
B: "Oh ok. Then what's your number?"
At this point Krystal is seriously considering telling boy that she is serving a mission. But he was so nervous... and she decided that would kind of be a low blow....
So Mr. Peanut Butter asked Krystal to dance again, and just as she's giving herself a mental speech about how you have to give everyone a chance and how it doesn't matter that he's interested because she's leaving anyways and how if he asks her out she should probably give him at least one date... just as she's doing that he asks her to tell him something no one in the room knows about her. She replies with some lame statement about where she was born, and then asks him the same question... to which he replies:
"I'm pretty sure no one in this room knows that I have a heart shaved into my chest hair."
I think it's kudos to Krystal that she didn't let her mouth fall open or say anything about unwanted visuals. She did however, promptly abandon her internal monologue about giving him at least one date if he happened to ask.
Memo to gentlemen of the world: don't use this pick up line on a lady. Pretty sure it won't work.
Also. I hope Krystal's luck improves post-Australia....
2 comments:
His name was Skippy?! Awkward. Never dance with people named after peanut butter. Especially not ones with chest hair. :P
LOL. There are actually guys out there like that!? HA HA HA. I'm sure you'll have much better luck post-Australia :)
Post a Comment