So.... tonight. 7pm. Show time. I'll be set apart as a missionary. Then tomorrow I go to the MTC. It's all kinda still feeling surreal... but I woke up this morning and my very first thought was "tomorrow when I wake up I'll be a missionary!" I mean... officially anyways.
Life is so cool.
I had a wonderful party last night with some of my dearest friends - got up this morning, voted, put together an e-mail list... now I'll be heading downstairs to pack. Before doing so I wanted to post the mass e-mail I sent out to everyone with my mailing addresses. I've done the best I can at advertising my address... so if you never find it it's not my fault. Just sayin. Hope you'll write me! My Mom may or may not post letters here... my guess is not though. So in 18 months I'll take up blogging agin. Love you all!
(Here is the letter I sent out:)
Tomorrow is the day gents! The sun is shining, the tank is clean - and I am getting out of here! This is me, Krystal Cook, and I'm currently attempting to make my Mom an e-mail list group that she can forward my weekly e-mails to. Hopefully I'll manage to do it correctly so that she can forward e-mails without too much effort. This is her e-mail address, not mine, but I figured I should let ya'll know that I am the one typing at the moment.
I want ya'll to know how grateful I am for you. I have been so richly blessed with family and friends who care for me - and I have been so blessed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am excited to get the chance to go share the message of the Gospel with the Aussies down-under! Wish me luck! I'll be missing you all, but will look forward to seeing you when I get back and perhaps hearing from you while I'm gone :) If you would like to write me here are some addresses you can reach me at:
My MTC mailing address:
Sister Krystal Lyn Cook
MTC Mailbox # 189
AST-MEL 1127
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793
And then here is my mission home address:
Sister Krystal Lyn Cook
Australia Melbourne Mission
76 Cathies Lane
Wantirna South VIC 3152
Australia
I'll only be in the MTC for two weeks (starting tomorrow... yes!) - but during that time you can write me for free through dear elder --- I'd be so excited to hear from you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a small batch of letters that I can read on my incredibly long flight to the other side of the world. I promise I'll use the flight time to respond to those letters I get right before I leave the MTC!
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the Lord's true Church. It's what brings true joy and peace to life. I know that - and I'm excited to leave tomorrow morning.
Love you all!
Krystal
1 comment:
Good Luck on your mission! I know you will be great. We will be praying for you.
Post a Comment