I am super insecure when it comes to dating.
Surprise! Not.
Yes. I am SUPER insecure. Because although I know generally that I'm a decent individual, I just don't really believe deep down that anyone will ever choose me. I could psychoanalyze why, but tonight is just not the night for that.
Also. I tend to fall rather slowly and steadily. For boys that I have no idea if I have a chance with. Who are probably not interested in a girl like me. Who I secretly feel are a bit out of my league. And this leads to a LOT of internal conflict.
Example: Yesterday after church I invited a gentleman (who currently doesn't know that he could easily sweep me off my feet if he chose to) to sit by me at the linger longer our ward had. And we talked, and I fell a little more, and our conversation, to an outside observer, would have just been friendly, not even overly flirty or anything, just a nice chat. But on the inside. OH on the inside... for me... it was like a little war.
Because every time there was a slight pause in the conversation part of me said: "And now you should definitely NOT be a massive CHICKEN and just ask this kid when/if he is going to take you on a date. LIKE NOW. NOW IS GOOD." And then the other part of me responded: "No, um, no, NOW is actually NOT a good time. He's not even being very flirty and you don't have a clue if he'd even appreciate the sentiment. NOW there are other people around. Right NOW you should be patient. Yes. Patience is good. You aren't good at patience. NOW he's saying something else and you should really listen." *tune back in and give him full listening ears until next lull when the conversation will repeat*
And because I saw that stud of a man later that evening, and had even better conversations, and melted all over on the inside when he complimented my eyes... my internal battle continued. And escalated. And... and....
And I don't know how chagrined I ought to be that I listened to the 2nd voice.
Hm.
Point. Oh yes. Maybe I should get to the point. Because of this nice little internal battle, I wound up asking a few gentlemen if it was attractive or a turn off when a girl is bold. Bold like: "Hey! You are great and should ask me out!" type of bold. And was a little surprised when the general consensus seemed to be that a bold girl who makes it known that she likes you is actually very attractive to most gentlemen...
So now I think I need lessons. Or something.
Confidence boost? Yeah. That would probably really help...
Dating... bleh!
Role play anyone?
Haha.
1 comment:
Just read your blog. I never read blogs much anymore. I think you are an amazing women and any guy would be lucky to go on a date with you! I never would have thought that you were shy about dating.
Post a Comment