Sunday, April 19, 2009

Unsettled

Does the Lord keep us unsettled on purpose?

Someone told me once that nothing is as constant as change, and I thought I understood... but I'm beginning to see that just as I think I've got things where I want them, just when I'm headed in a direction that I'm excited about, just when I think I finally get it, things change.

The school year is about to end, and I'm enjoying myself more now than I think I have all year. I've found some wonderful friends, I've become a bit more outgoing, I love being independent and making choices for myself, I've gotten the hang of cooking for one... I finally figured out how to carve my own niche and now everything is going to be flipped upside down when I move home. I'm not ready for it.

Would you like to know what else I'm not ready for? I'm not ready to decide what the heck I want to do with the rest of my life. For some reason I've developed this sudden interest in Occupational Therapy... and I'm not sure if I want to switch major's becuase I don't like my major, or if it's because I'm just sick of this semester and one class in particular, or if it's because Heavenly Father is trying to tell me to switch my course.... gish. I wish I were a better listener and understander. I don't know if I should be going and talking to a counselor, or if I should try to job shadow this summer, or if I should stick with my current major for one more semester...
Life is awfully confusing.

No comments: