Monday, May 4, 2009

I have a dense head

Remember that show from a very long time ago... there was a catchy and slightly obnoxious song that they would sing whenever that show started... "Where in the world, is Carmen San Diego?"
Well... right now I'm feeling like singing "Where in the world, should Krystal really be?" I never knew where Carmen San Diego was because I didn't watch the show... in fact the only thing I really remember is the song, and maybe pictures on postage stamps??? But anyways... I never knew where she was, and I'm wondering how I'm going to figure out if I'm where I am supposed to be.

I guess I'm clueless all around.

I'm a spoiled little girl. I'll freely admit it. And I still want a lot of things. I was super nervous about coming home for the summer, but a few things have started to click and I'm feeling like I am where I should be. The problem is... am I where I should be? Or am I not listening anymore because I've decided that this is where I want most to be?

The way I see it... God gives us feelings to help us when our logic runs out. They are pretty good indicators most of the time... feelings of comfort, peace, serenity... they help us know where to go right? Well... is it possible to feel right about two conflicting possibilities? Is it ok to want two things, even when you are almost positive that you can only have one... is it ok to hope for both?

In first Nephi ch. 6, Nephi states that the fullness of his intent is to help people come unto Christ.... I've been thinking a lot lately about what my intent is, and what it is that God want's me to be doing with my life. I'm ready to turn it over to him, I want him to show me where to go becuase I know that giving him the steering wheel in my life will make me the most happy... the problem is that I'm not very good at listening yet. I feel good about being in Mapleton for the summer, the thought of picking up and going off somewhere else to find a job feels uneasy. But am I just scared to listen? I know the Lord will take care of me if I follow him, but I'm having a devil of a time finding a job here. I know I need to just be patient, he's teaching me that things don't always happen on my timetable, but it makes me worry that I'm messing up.

1 comment:

Juli said...

I like your blog! You have some great insights. Good Luck figuring out what you are going to do this summer. We are going to be in Utah this weekend and maybe later in the summer. We would love to see you again.