Monday, August 3, 2009

Barriers

I am a builder- and my specialty is walls. In fact, I'm so good at building them, that at my best I can rival the great wall of China. Sadly enough, my work will never be made famous, because my walls are invisible.

Yes, I am very adept at building mental and emotional walls. So good in fact, that I don't even know that I'm building them- until one day I step back and realize that I've trapped myself - trapped myself beneath a bundle of fears and hopes --- this prison is concrete; I cannot break it down. I've been clawing at it for 3 months. Beating at it- sometimes wholeheartedly, sometimes only halfheartedly- but it's still there. Some days I find myself adding to it- and when I realize that I have moved yet another stone into place, I become angry with myself and try to undo my work; only I can't move the stones out of my wall by myself- and those who could help me to move them don't have any idea that I need help.

This wall I have built- it is a blessing and a curse. It keeps me safe from hurt, but it also keeps me hidden from love. I know that if I told the individual who is built into the foundation of my wall what I was building, he could shake and and send it crashing down around me. This would bring two possible outcomes - If I let that someone help me destroy the wall I would either: get crushed in the tumble, or learn what it feels like to be free.

I'm sure any who are reading this are probably thinking "That Krystal girl is completely insane! What the crap is she talking about?" Maybe a few of you know what I feel like- maybe you've got a wall or two of your own.

Maybe one day I'll get the courage to ask for help rocking the foundation of my wall; maybe one day I'll find a jackhammer and beat it down myself; maybe one day prince charming will unlock the secret door in the wall and rescue me from it.

Maybe one day I'll be free.

3 comments:

Chess said...

Oh boy! I think more people can relate to that than you think. I sure can. It's scary isn't it?

Snoopy said...

You're not insane.

I know what you're talking about.

And I do the same thing, only in a different way and situation.

Fear creates bondage, and only faith and trust can break the chains.

I believe in you :)

Mimi said...

Who knows --maybe you don't need to take the wall down--just find a way to climb over it! After all--why did they invent rock climbing? I have faith in you --you just need someone reliable to stand at the bottom watching over you!!