Monday night Tay and Kenzie took me to see this musical. I had absolutely no idea what it was about until we showed up.
To sum up: The plot was terrible. Character development paltry, and the music all very similar. Nevertheless -- I found it hilarious. The actors did a superb job with the comedic side of things, and thus kept me entertained the whole time. I particularly enjoyed the barbie horse on a pole --- the bedazzled power tools, and the 80's jokes.
So. If you ever have a desire to check out this work, I would advise you to not watch the movie --- I can't see how it would be any good... and it is the film that killed Olivia Newton John's career. However, the play would be worth seeing just once --- mostly for the glitter and the explanation behind the revelation that if Achiles had been wearing leg-warmers then he would never have been defeated.
1 comment:
I have seen the film. It's as awful as you say. And yet, sort of magically awesome in its horrendousness.
Post a Comment