Tuesday, May 15, 2012

70MPH and a Blowout

I should have died this weekend.

I was going about 70 --- getting ready to merge onto I80 coming home from Tooele with Anna and Emma, when suddenly I felt a jerk, and somehow I knew precisely what had happened. I pulled over, got out, looked at my tire, and thanked heaven that we'd said a prayer before we left and that God had blessed us with guardian angels.

My tire was completely shredded. I wish I'd taken a picture, but alas --- I was more concerned about changing the blasted thing.

A kind man pulled over, got out and began to help us with scarcely a word. He did most of the work changing the tire, and then just left, and I marveled at how blessed I am. And how good God is at giving us everyday miracles.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Almost-life-losing experiences have a way of putting things into perspective. I thank heaven every day for being given the blessing of being alive for one more day, one more day to spend time with people I love and find ways to serve and learn and grow. I'm glad you're okay, and I'm grateful for your guardian angels!