Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Nose-Hairs

About a week ago I let Emma bully me into getting my nose hairs waxed.

Weirdest. Feeling. Ever.

I pretty much thought she was trying to kill me. She shoved small wooden sticks with wax on them up each of my nostrils and then sat and waited for them to harden. I was trying to think about breathing and not dying and not talking (because it tickled super bad when I talked) - meanwhile she was assuring me that it'd feel so great when it was all over. 'Cause apparently everyone but me knows the joys of having hair yanked out of ones nose.

Surprisingly it didn't hurt when she yanked them out. But my nose has still not recovered. Contrary to what you might be tempted to think: I cannot breathe easier as a result, in fact it more just feels like my nose gets stuffed up easier and I have to blow it more frequently. It itches more easily too. So now I sit here with a hairless nose and wonder why I ever let her talk me into it in the first place.

Anyone know how long it'll take for my hairs to grow back?

No comments: