because sometimes I do things not because I particularly like it, but because I find a vindictive pleasure in proving to myself that I can. Donating blood is one such thing.
Friday evening I was with Anna and Emma having a China reunion of sorts, and Emma announced that she had a blood donation appointment - it was going to be her first one. So Anna and I decided to go with her and donate too. Because we've been out of the country in the last year they have to document everywhere we traveled to. After nearly an hour they got all the places we visited in China finally mapped out and documented. Anna and I were climbing into the chairs to get prepped, when the guy documenting Emma's travelogue came running out to stop us loudly proclaiming "That changes everything!"
Emma had just told him that we stopped in Korea. And apparently Korea is a malaria risk area. And because we spent about 5 hours in that airport we can't donate blood for a whole year. This kind of really irritated me. And I'm not quite sure why...
I have never enjoyed donating blood. I get dizzy and sometimes nauseous and the nurses freak out and make me stay in the chair for a half hour... see THIS post if you want to relearn about what my blood donating experiences are generally like. So why on earth would I feel so upset about them telling me that I cannot donate for a whole year? Shouldn't I feel relieved?
The only logical explanation I can come up with is that I am indeed a masochist.
1 comment:
Bahahaha you're just like me! I get ticked when people tell me I can't do things - even if it's things I don't even like doing! You're not a masochist, just a rebel :)
Post a Comment