I am absolutely, completely, and totally in love with this song.
Apparently it's from the musical 'A Little Night Music' -which I have never seen. But I would watch it: just for this song. It's so sad, and really kind of depressing, but it always gives me interesting things to think about. You should all listen to it. And if you don't know where to find it: come to me and I will listen to it with you!
Tonight while I was listening to it I started thinking about how life never turns out how we plan, and sometimes that makes us sad, or frustrated, or moody, or in some cases, even angry. And then I started thinking about a conversation I had with a friend earlier today. He was a bit worn down and frustrated with life, and I tried in vain to cheer him up: I told him that he should choose to be happy! But he was in one of those 'I want to be grumpy' moods. He started to complain about having so many different aspects of life to juggle, and wanted to know why we couldn't just put our emotional drama on hold for the semester and focus on our spiritual and intelletual sides, or something like that. Sometimes I think we all think that'd be nice... but if we could turn off juggling all the various aspects of life, I think 1) we'd get awfully bored, and 2) if that part of life turned sour for some reason, we wouldn't have the other parts to enjoy.
You are probably all thinking that I am stating the obvious... I think I do that a lot.
I think I'm finally starting to understand that saying, "If life were easy, it wouldn't be hard." One of those deceivingly simple, and yet completely complex statements. Depending on how you look at it :)
So send in the clowns! And I'll choose if I want to let them cheer me up, or if I want to remain forlorn. Life will have it's up's and downs, but to quote another one of my absolutest favorite songs: with a little "Positoovity," we'll all get through just fine.
1 comment:
Speaking of which... I need both of those songs!!! :) I still haven't quite listened to "Send in the Clowns" but first chance I get, I will. :)
I love you Krystal! I love how happy you are and always willing to try new things. :) I'll be like you someday!
Post a Comment