Riley Bradshaw completely made my night when he looked at me with a very guilty expression and uttered these two words. He neglected to attend family home evening... and was unforunate enough to run into me and the rest of the FHE group on his way home from campus tonight.
I will admit... I am having a lot of fun being the 'Grandma' of the ward. There is something mischeviously fun about being allowed to be obnoxiously encouraging about coming to family night. Tonight as I tried fulfill my calling and 'commit' Riley to come in the future, I found myself on the brunt end of him trying to fulfill his. Because he is the ward mission leader... I ended up striking a bargain with him. He becomes a 100% attender of FHE... and I find someone for the Elder's to teach.
I think we were both surprised at how readily I agreed to his proposed deal.
I have never approached a non-member friend about the gosple before. Mostly this is because all of my friends that I spend time with are members. The church is generally the network that I use to meet people, which makes finding investigators a bit more difficult. However I did make a committment to him, and I'm going to pray that the Lord will help me to fulfill it. I want to be a member missionary! The prospect is scary and exciting all at the same time.
So I am going to open my eyes and start looking in ernest. And as a result I get Riley to come to FHE every single monday night! Woot... I think I'm getting the better end of the deal here...
I wonder how many more crazy deals I'll have to strike to get people to come every week....
1 comment:
You're a grandma? Woohoo! My li'l daughter is all grown up, haha. Remember Andy from our family? He is a dad in his ward. It's in the genes. :)
Post a Comment