Monday, May 24, 2010

A Series of Unfortunate Dreams

That is the name I would have to give my night last night. I had a whole slew of dreams... and in all of them something unfortunate happened.

---I was nervous about giving my sacrament meeting talk, and in one of the dreams the Bishopbric passed out dice and we had to roll them twice: once to find out our topic, and once to figure out how long we should speak for.

---In another dream I had a friend call me on the phone and tell me in a pleasant and conversational manner that he really didn't care for me at all.

---Then I had probably 3 or 4 others... which I remembered this morning, but can't anymore... in which very sad or frustrating things happened.

Wanna know how I reacted in each of these dreams? I took whatever bad thing happened in stride, and then tried to convince everyone else, and myself, that I didn't care. This made them seem really realistic, because I think that's how I deal with lots of disappointing and frustrating situations in life.
Sometimes I wonder what it would feel like if I didn't react so calmly. What would it be like to let loose and just yell at the world when something terrible happens to me. Do you think I'd feel better or worse about the situation?

Cause really.... trying to lie to myself and tell myself that I don't care doesn't really work. Deep down I know I care a lot, and I just want to pound somebody or something into the ground. But instead I'm a good, sweet girl, and I tell everybody that I'm just fine no matter what.

Maybe one of these days I'll choose to lose it. Then I can have an interesting story to tell you all.

PS: The Bishop didn't pass out dice... and I made it through my talk!

1 comment:

Chess said...

Speaking from experience, yelling does a lot, A LOT, of good. Because I'm so much like you that I just let things happen to me, and I don't fight it, not physically, not mentally, and not in my heart. And it is painful. And like you, "I'm a good, sweet girl, and I tell everybody that I'm fine no matter what." I think that has been my mode of living for the past few years.

But one time this last year, I was alone in my kitchen with Traci, and we were both having a horrible time, and we just started shouting at the tops of our lungs about our frustrations. She threw her phone and I threw my water bottle, and we both started laughing and crying at the same time.

And you know what? The worst day ever turned into one of the best. Just let it go sometime, you won't be sorry, I promise you that!