Monday, May 31, 2010

What is Love?

I've been thinking about love, and I've decided that too often we ask people if they are 'in love' without properly defining it. I've also come up with a couple definitions...

True Love: I think this type means that you care more about the other person than you do about yourself.

Forever Love: This is the kind you feel for your family, the people you know you get to spend eternity with, and just that thought makes you almost giddy with gratitude.

Passionate Love: This is the butterflies in the tummy... 'I'm weak in the knees,' and 'I just want to be right next to you because that's where it's most comfortable' kind.

With these definitions in mind... I've definitely felt all types of love, but I've never felt all three for one person before. Some people have two from me, but I can't think of anyone who has all three yet. I think that's what will make getting married so special... that'll be the one person who gets all three types from me.

I think next time someone asks me if I'm 'in love' or if I've 'ever been in love' I'm just going to tell them yes. Because the honest truth is that I've been in love with lots of people... I am in love with lots of people! And when they get confused or excited I'll probably just giggle to myself. He He.

3 comments:

Chess said...

What a great way to look at thing, Krystal! :-)

Snoopy said...

LIKE :)

Mimi said...

It will creep up on you before you know it!!! :) And it will be a good thing! There is nothing better than the prospect of spending eternity with your best friend...the one you laugh with, cry with, and the one who you want to be your best for...and the one who makes you stretch to be your best! What a wonderful gift Heavenly Father has given us...and what a blessing when we find that kind of love.