Visiting teaching is pretty much the best thing ever.
One of my girls has been struggling. And I've spent a long time praying for her, and I've spent a long time worrying about her. And tonight I went to visit her, and she told me that she's had one of the hardest and one of the best weeks of her life. She shared with me some experiences that she has had, and some realizations that she's come to. She's decided to do some very hard things, and I'm so proud of her. She told me something that really touched my heart. She said that she was reading a talk by President Monson, and it reminded her of something that I had told her... she said something to this effect:
"I remember you telling me that you prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true, and you didn't get a big answer, your answer was just small, and you said that Heavenly Father just told you that you already knew that it was true. Well, I was reading this talk and it talked about this young man who had made a commitment to never play sports on Sunday. Unfortunately his team had a game on a Sunday. He talked to his coach, and his coach told him he expected him to be there. So he went home to pray about whether or not he should play that day, and the answer to his prayer was 'why are you asking? you already know the answer.' and that just made me think of you... and I realized that I already know what's right... I just forgot a little bit for a minute."
I wanted to cry. This beautiful strong woman has had some very intense trials in the past few months, but she is coming out on top! And I did something to help... some experience that the Spirit directed me to share with her a while ago helped her in some small way, and I realized that this is what visiting teaching is all about. It's that help that you give, the love you show and the joy you experience when you see the light of the Gospel touch someones life and change it for the better, even if it's just in a very small way.
The Spirit is so cool. And I LOVE the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
1 comment:
You are amazing dear. :) And you are working wonders with those girls that you might never even realize. Good for you!
Post a Comment