Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Blues Have Found Me

I sit at home, munching on a piece of cardboard pizza as I wallow in self-pity. Why is it that every time life approaches perfection it changes?

I'm not used to feeling this unwanted and obnoxious. I get to play babysitter this weekend to a bunch of teenagers who want to be independent from me and the world. Part of me wants to let them go and do whatever the crap they want and not worry about it, but they're my siblings and I promised my parents I'd keep an eye on them. You wouldn't believe how hard it can be to just get a little information out of them about what they want to do. I'm so glad I'm not a parent right now.

Also. I hate the fact that my social life has pretty much disappeared. I know that I'm the only one who can fix it, but at the moment I really don't want to expend the necessary energy to do so. It's easier to sit and wish that someone would take pity on me. I know from personal experience this doesn't happen. And so I swallow my cold pizza, and wait for the evening to end --- knowing that tomorrow will be better and maybe next week I can find the gumption to look for a group of people who want to play with me.

*Note. Jen Parks: You are wonderful. Thanks for saving me so far this summer. I'd have gone crazy already without you.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

*Note. Krystal Cook- I am calling you today. And that's that. No more wallowing in cold pizza, okay??? ;) Love your face SO SO much girly!!

Camille said...

Um... I'm pretty sure that you should find the gumption to look for me. :) I mean, I know I'm not a whole group of people, but I still think I'm worth playing with. :) Love you girly! Hang in there. Just remember that summer is only the quiver of an eyelid twitch before it twitches. ;)

Snoopy said...

Ah. Yes. I'm so wonderful that I missed your calls twice this weekend. So much for me being wonderful. I LOOOOOOVEEEEEE you though! Kick those blues to kingdom come, okay?!?!?! aaaaand I'll try not to miss your calls anymore...