Wednesday, February 11, 2009

General News? Sorta...

So I didn't go to waffle wednesday tonight. Shame on me. I told myself this was due to too much homework and too little time, but then I come home and decide to publish a new post on my blog.

Go figure.

I realized that I haven't written about what I'm really up to in my life in a while, so I thought, "hey I'll put in some actual news!" And then I realized I have nothing really interesting to write about. Sure a few funny things have happened here and there... but mostly my life is homework, church, class, and trying not to feel stupid around my roommates. To be honest when I think of my relationship with them I feel like Mr. Wetherby from Sense and Sensibility is describing me when he says "how come (she's) the type of (person) everyone thinks well of, but no one remembers to talk to?"
I guess this is my own fault. I don't have much that is interesting to tell them, therefore they don't have much to say to me either. I don't feel like I know how to relate to them, and it's driving me nuts.

I thought of something!

One exciting thing coming up in my life will be my attempt to ski this weekend. I've lived in Utah my entire life and I have never been skiing before. Pathetic I know. But I'm super excited to go. A bunch of my extended family is going up to Beaver for the weekend. It's going to be a blast!The downside of going for the whole weekend though is that I've got homework coming out my ears... and I don't know when I'm going to get it done, since I know I will have zero motivation to do any of it while I'm up there.

So I realized that my paragraph about feeling stupid around my roommates makes it sound like my life is nothing but school and work... luckily it's not. I have fun with my FHE group, and a blast with Bree and Michelle at work. Our "tupperware" party/blowing up grapes expedition was a blast two weeks ago!

I think it's time to plan another adventure with them.

No comments: