Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thought Processes

For one brief, lovely, impossibly perfect moment, I feel like I am caught up on life. School, church, family... it's all in a neat line. And as I breathe in that sigh of peace and contentment, a forgotten 'to-do' item pops into my head. And it is followed by a whole parade of absolutely necessary nuisances, things that are vital for me to remember, but that in all honesty I'd rather forget.

"Ah! Two more chapters and then I'm caught up on homework until Monday!

*Brief moment of bliss*

Wait! What about your ELED application? You forgot that... it's due soon. You need to go visit with Darcie about that receipt because you can't remember the URL for that website... crap, you were supposed to do that today. And you are going to have to do your laundry, that will spoil a bit of fun this weekend. Go take your laundry basket out of your closet so you won't forget it. Luckily those two things aren't that big. It's ok.
Wait! You forgot that AT project is due really soon and you haven't started it. You haven't paid Camille for Utilities yet, but then again no one has coughed up gas money either... you are running out of ink in your printer. But Circuit City went out of business didn't it? Are you even going to be able to find the right one anywhere anymore? That was the only place they sold it. Are you going to remember everything when you pack up tomorrow? Wait! You were supposed to clean the shower before you left. You are probably going to have to go grocery shopping when you get back on monday. Which won't leave much time for that AT project... did I remember to talk to Stan? Yes, but oh crap... I haven't e-mailed my group that list yet. Oh, speaking of laundry I've got to take the sheets of my bed tomorrow so they can get washed. Oh, and there are those towels in the dirty pile in the kitchen under the piano. I doubt anyone else is going to remember them. I'd better grab them. Speaking of grabbing them, I also need to remember to take Bee's movies back to her. Good thing those drinks are already in the car. I hope they haven't frozen and cracked or anything. Oh, and remember to text Jen tomorrow! Speaking of texting I also need to call Christine about next week... But how on earth am I going to remember all this stuff? How many more item's have just been tacked onto my to-do list that was 'supposedly' getting shorter? I can't even remember..."

And that's how it goes.

Seriously.

If anyone doubts that this is how my mind really works. I promise you that this type of thought processes is not uncommon for me.

Basically life on my own at college is nuts. It's a lot of fun. I love my crazy life. I love my disorganized brain, even though it does cause me stress. Maybe one day I won't feel so...

chaotic.

4 comments:

Saralyn said...

Just stop thinking about it all.
That's the best answer.
Listen to Simon and Garfunkel instead:

"I've got no deeds to do. No promises to keep."
(Name that song)

And then life will be better.
For about a day and then it probably will be worse.

-this bad advice comes from Saralyn Ogden

Logan Thomas said...

"I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
Life, I love you,
All is groovy."

Y'know, maybe Sarah Lynne's advice isn't too bad. Just stop washing your clothes. Stop showering too. Get rid of your phone and don't worry about texting people. Drop out of school. Hitch-hike to Paraguay.

Voila! End of chaos!

Saralyn said...

I'm not quite sure why you chose Paraguay and hitch hiking.

What happened to California in a van?

Tina said...

Wow, you just describe my mind. I think with me it's adult A.D.D. I go to do laundry and see that the floor needs to be swept. On the way to get the broom, I see that the T.P. is out, so I go to the closet to get the T.P. and it needs to be organized.... Whew! I'm just grateful I'm not the only one :) I love you!
Tina