Saturday, February 21, 2009

Glories of Winter

So I am extremely proud of myself. I finished all my homework that is due monday... all I have left is to study like crazy for a midterm exam, and then pray I get assigned one of the easier essay questions. This was inspite of the fact that I took off for the weekend.

Yesterday around 11ish Abbie texted me and asked if I'd like to go with her to her families cabin... I knew I had a ton of homework, but despite this I told her I'd love to go. I did get in an hour and a half of research after work, thank goodness... but then at three thirty she picked me up and I was off again! Last night I played probably six rounds of dominos and completely creamed everyone else sitting at the table with me, Abbie was not happy with me. This morning I got up, and managed to get a ton of homework done (which is the main reason I am so proud of myself... do you even know how hard it is to do homework when there is snow and wind and the outdoors calling to you? but anyways...) and then she and I went on an amazing snowmobile ride. It was only my second time ever on a snowmobile, and I just as I finally got comfortable with the knack of turning and whatnot we got finished, but that's ok. I enjoyed the serenity of the mountains, the snow sparkled in the heat of the sun as we raced along, the drifts were almost deep enough to completely cover the one street sign I noticed poking up out of a bank. The pines stood tall and erect, I could tell that their patient souls are steadfastly waiting for spring. The sky was a clear baby blue... it was a glorious day. I'd love to tell you how the wind whistled through my hair... but alas, my helmet prevented that glory. However, it did sting my cheeks and make my eyes water, which only made the ride more glorious.

I had a welcome few minutes of respite and freedom this weekend. And a lovely change of scenery. Thank you Abbie for inviting me! And the rest of the Smoots for letting me tag along.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) I posted a blog. Be proud. :) But that sounds like so much fun! You deserve a break, and definate congrats on doing homework!!! Love you!