Tonight I went swing dancing, which was fun, but it made me miss the people that I usually go with. It put me in mind of this quote:
'Missing someone isn't about how long it's been since you've last seem them, or the amount of time since you last talked. It's about that very moment when you're doing something and you wish that they were right there with you.'
I love this quote. Because it's so very true.
How often do we completely forget about someone until their name happens to pop up in a conversation, and then we tell them: "Oh, I've missed you so much!" But really we haven't, because to be honest, we haven't thought about them at all. And then there is the flip side- when we can say that and really mean it. Because we find ourselves thinking about them and wishing that they were with us.
I hope I'm the kind of person that people really miss. They don't just say they miss me to make me feel good - but I hope there are at least a few that every once in a while will feel a twinge of regret that I'm not standing next to them at some point.
Because while it's no fun to miss people, there is something so satisfying about knowing you are truly missed.
1 comment:
This almost made me cry. Nothing is truer than that! I miss being told that I'm missed. :(
Post a Comment