Friday, January 8, 2010

My Miracle

Heavenly Father loves me so much! And he takes care of me. He gave me my very own miracle today.

I had to drive up to college a couple days early so that I could re-add my classes. Which didn't put me in the happiest mood to start off with, I miss my family already. In addition to that, I was a little bit worried about my scholarship money all getting through with my classes being dropped, but I went up to the window to add my classes and everything went through without a glitch. The lady at the counter showed me how all my scholarship money was showing up on the screen, and then told me what my remaining balance was.

Now that 'remaining balance' took me by surprise. And it wasn't a lot of money, but the problem was, I knew I didn't have it. So I walked home fretting about how I was going to be able to come up with the difference to cover my tuition and books, which I haven't bought yet. I got online, sold back a textbook in an attempt to find a few extra dollars, and then reluctantly decided to start the tedious task of number crunching to see if there might be a way possible for me to pay for both my tuition and books on my own.

Imagine my immense surprise when I opened my checking account to find that an extra two payments had been made to me only today. Together, they more than doubled what I needed to cover my 'remaining balance'. One of them was a paycheck that I had forgotten about, and the other was an early refund on scholarship money that I wasn't supposed to get (but did because of the mess with my classes being dropped.)

This was a really silly and very small thing. But I burst into tears as I sat and looked at the computer screen; not the misty eyed crying, but the hot fast tears that leave you feeling somehow cleaner than before, and I knew from my head to my toes that Heavenly Father heard the silent prayer I had said on my way home. He knew this was a big deal to me. I could try to say that this little incident wasn't him watching over me, was just a case of me being forgetful- but that would be a really big lie. So I knelt down and thanked him- I felt so grateful and loved.

I'm so awed at the ways Heavenly Father finds to bless us. And I'm grateful that I was able to see his hand in my life today.

3 comments:

Snoopy said...

It's amazing to me the importance the Lord places on even the littlest details of our lives. It's a witness to me that He really does love us and understand us better than anyone else. I'm happy for you; experiences like that one are the highest points in my life.

And I'm sorry I didn't see you over the break. I think I'm going to send you a facebook message right now. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Krystal lovely! That's amazing! I love it when things like that happen. He really is there and watching. Once I looked back at all the difficult times I had when I thought there was absolutely no way that I could make it and accomplish everything, I looked back and saw that EVERY time it worked out. He has never dropped me, or forgotten me. All those times I was stressed about school, and being mom, and AP tests--each and everyone I survived the exact way he planned.

Once I was really stressed about a scholarship that I really wanted, and I did everything I could , and when I didn't get it I was crush. I accepted the fact that I didn't try hard enough, or I wasn't ready. Later I decided to only spend two years at USU, and to go to Med school, and that scholarship would have kept me at USU for 4 years. God knows everything, when we are too short sighted to notice. And He controls everything, and never lets us go.

I love you Krystal! --You pay your tithing and that's why He's blessed you~!

Mimi said...

I am so proud of your example! Way to keep your eyes open to what is really going on around you! You are so right about the Lord loving you! I know as a mother my prayers were answered that day! Thanks for being my daughter!!
Love, Mom