Friday, January 15, 2010

'Will Wonders Never Cease?'

On January 8th I told you about a miracle, last night I got another small one.

Three nights ago I was putting on my PJ's when I noticed some red bumps on the left side of my back- they didn't hurt so I didn't give them a lot of thought. Two nights ago they started itching, so I showed them to my roommate, and she was kind enough to give me some cortizone cream. Last night as I walked home from school, they were driving me crazy, so I texted my Mom to ask her what was best to put on my rash to treat it.

Following a thorough investigation where I got to describe, in great detail, exactly what my rash looked like and where it was, I found myself on the phone with a nurse that my Mom works with. She said that I needed to get it checked immediately- and if I couldn't she was going to have her doctor fax the nearest pharmacy to me a prescription. I didn't really understand what all the fuss was about, after all it's only a little itch; like a small army of baby mosquitoes got hungry one night and all randomly decided to eat the same spot on me.

I went into the doctors office, and unfortunately they had stopped seeing people already, but when I told them I had come in because a nurse on the phone had told me I might have shingles- they admitted me immediately and the next thing I knew, a doctor was writing me a prescription and asking me what I was allergic to.

It was kind of a crazy afternoon.

So I have shingles- which I'm told can become so painful it's hard to walk. Luckily I caught mine pretty early on, which should help, in theory at least.

So why do you ask is this a miracle? Well it isn't really... what is the miracle is that I have friends who were willing to run over at 9pm last night to give me a Priesthood blessing. In it I wasn't told that I'd get over it quickly or be healed soon- but I was told that I was given this, and other trials for a reason. I was given them because Heavenly Father loves me, and I was also reassured that I would soon understand why I need to experience these things.

I felt a warm comforting sensation begin at my head where their hands were, and it trickled down into my whole body. As I sit here, I feel so loved by Heavenly Father just thinking about the memory of it. And I am so grateful he gave me such amazing friends who were willing to drop everything they needed to do in order to come help me.

So while I'm not glad that I'm 'sick' and itching up a storm, I am grateful for the opportunity it provided for that blessing last night.

No comments: