Friday, August 27, 2010

The Night Before Life Goes On....

I watched Muppet Treasure Island with my Mom and sister. Love that movie! (I always forget how funny it is until I watch it again.) I also had some great conversations... and I started packing. Super intense right? You'd think I'd do something slightly more exciting with my last day of real summer before my life changes again, but I wouldn't change today even if I could. It's been perfect.

This 'moving phase' time of the year has been very different from the last two I've experienced -- both of those years I was afraid of what was in front of me. I clung to summer with all my might and willed that it would never end. This year I am just plain old excited to see what is around the bend, it's a pleasant change to my normal emotional reaction to moving on.

I learned a lot this summer. And returning to Logan I will be a much different person than I was when I left. I'm stronger. I trust the Lord more, and I trust myself more too. Lately I've started to accept myself more, and I've begun to accept the upside down parts of my life as they are. I've learned that stressing about some things won't make them go away -- and I can be happy with how things are even when they aren't how I'd choose to have them. I've learned more fully that God really is in control, and I trust him with my future. I know that as long as I do the best I can he'll take care of the rest. I've learned better how to hand my burdens over to him, and I've felt the atonement work in my life - it lifts me up and makes me feel so light! I've learned that it's completely ok to screw up, because that's how we learn! I learned it's ok to be happy while you make mistakes and attempt to fix them, it doesn't have to be a dismal business. I've learned other things too... but if I listed all of them this post would never ever end.

Sorry if this is super nostalgic, but I tend to get that way when I can feel that my life is about to change again. I think it's good for me to reflect on the things I learned and be grateful for the experiences, both good and bad, that have turned me into the person I am. My testimony of God's hand in my life only grows with each phase I go through.

So here's to the past. Here's to lessons learned, and growing up. Here's to moving on, and most of all here's to the people in my life that love me and make me want to be better. Here's to a loving Heavenly Father that saves me from myself by not always giving me what I want. I am so excited to see what adventure he has in store for me next, and I'm so excited for the fun times I'll be able to have this semester!!

UTAH STATE HERE I COME AGAIN!

No comments: