Saturday, August 14, 2010

No Longer Wise!

I lived! And the experience hasn't been nearly as awful as was anticipated. I went into the oral surgeons office completely and totally exhausted, because I had only had 4 hours of sleep the night before. And the night before that I'd only had three and half hours of sleep. So being put to sleep felt great. The last thing I remember before dropping off was feeling grateful that he was strapping my arms up because I was worried they were going to fall off the chair. The first thing I remember after waking up was groaning, a lot. And then being surprised when he told me it was over.

There were only two things I wanted when I woke up. The first was to have the bandage taken off my arm (because it pinched). The other was a hug. I was grateful for my Mom being there to supply the latter... however apparently I told her I wanted a hug from someone else, which I now feel very bad about. I don't remember telling her this, but she does. Ah, the joys of anesthesia...

Anywho. I got home and took a nap. This is what I looked like when my Mom tucked me into bed:



And then that night before I went to bed:



Not too shabby right? Although I couldn't move my mouth any farther than this. My smile has definitely been impaired. This morning I woke up feeling fantastic. After I took a shower this is what I looked like:



My smile is still impaired. And my face feels super fat. I will admit my face is a lot more chubby tonight than this picture shows... but overall I don't think I look too completely shabby for just barely having oral surgery right? My cheeks have been super duper pink all day, but I guess that's better than them being bruised black and purple....

I was super excited this morning because I felt so great, then this afternoon everything seemed to hit me like a ton of bricks and I've kinda been down for the count ever since. But that's ok! I've had some lovely friends bring me applesauce and pudding, and my Mom has been making sure I don't slack off on taking care of myself: making sure I take drugs and eat enough mashed potatoes for dinner and whatnot.

I'm grateful to have it over with, and I'm even more glad to know that I never have to have my wisdom teeth removed again!!

2 comments:

Chess said...

Hey you look great! See? No biggie! :-)

Snoopy said...

That first picture just made my day. I love you Krystal!!! :)