Thursday, August 5, 2010

Swimming in my Pants

I had this conversation with a girl I met today at work:

"Did you lose a bunch of weight this summer?" -Girl

"No, well a little, but not very much. Why?" -Me

"Well those pants are positively swimming on you, so I thought that maybe you'd lost a bunch of weight." -Girl


And in my brain I replied... "Really? Did you ask me that? Really? Who asks someone, right as they meet them no less, if they lost a bunch of weight? I'm sorry that my clothes are too big. Honey, I work at 4 flippin A.M. You really think I'm going to wear my jeans that I actually look good in to work? I only have like... one pair that I really like. Of course I'm going to wear baggy jeans. Don't you ever wear clothes that are too big? They're comfortable! And besides being comfy, I don't have to care if I get yucky-dirty-nastiness all over them, because they're my comfy baggy work jeans. Duh. Is this a foreign concept to you? I thought this was common sense, I mean, cumon."

But because I couldn't say that out loud to a body I had just barely met, instead what I actually said was something more along the lines of: "Oh, well no. They're just my work jeans."

Conversations are way more interesting if you can hear what goes through my head. Haha.

No comments: