Tuesday, February 22, 2011

All I really want... is to know what the crap I really want.

I'm torn between the possibility of a few improbable futures.

Why are they improbable? Because life never turns out how you plan.

Why am I torn? Because right now there are a few different directions I can envision my life taking. And I don't know which ones I like... or if I really truly like any of them, and it's frustrating.

I'm used to knowing what I want. Not necessarily getting it, but I usually have some semblance of an idea about what I want. A secret dream, if you will. And I like that. I like being able to daydream occasionally about the future. And as I said once in an uncharacteristic burst of somethingness: 'I know life doesn't turn out the way you plan, but that doesn't mean it can't turn out the way you always dreamed.'

- And it was a lovely thought to ponder on. BUT, it's awfully hard to wish for your life to turn out how you dream if you don't really know what your dream is. Or if you have a dream, but don't feel a super ton of conviction about it.

Ach. This probably doesn't make any sense to you. That's fine. Mostly I'm just saying: some of my dreams are changing. But I'm not sure what they are changing into, and I really wish I knew. I think that maybe God is trying to help me learn trust. After all, he knows what's going to make me happy, even if I don't... so I just have to keep reminding myself that as long as I listen to Him then life will turn out splendidly.

No comments: