I tried so hard today.
So hard.
For most of the last 12 hours I have been doing something church related. I have been trying to strengthen the kingdom. Take care of the saints, strengthen souls, build Zion, you know... all that good stuff.
And it was a wonderful day. Because the days when I am serving the Lord the most are always the most wonderful. Until I went back in my room, and my fish, my dear Zoe, was dead.
I know you are saying, "But Krystal, you only had Zoe for three days." But what you don't understand is, that I was sincerely attached to her. I introduced her to almost everyone that came over to my apartment. I've talked to her, and agonized over how much to feed her. And now she's gone.
I haven't taken her out of the bowl yet. She's still laying there because I know that when I have to take care of it I'm going to cry. I'm near unto tears just thinking about it.
Between that and all of the people who I've worried over today... I'm just emotionally exhausted. And I wanted to shake something and scream at how unfair life is. Instead tonight I looked up and asked God how much longer the little things were going to keep going wrong, and how the heck I am going to have the strength to deal with them -- if my goldfish dying reduces me to tears than what am I going to do when the rest of my life falls apart later?
And I realized that it's never going to get easier. In fact, I know it's just going to get harder. But that's ok. Because I'm on the winning team. Christ is on my side, and he'll help me find joy - he already does. I can't expect things to be easy for me, because they never were easy for him. And plus, every day I have the chance to laugh and marvel at something good he has placed in my life. He loves me so much.
And as I long as I keep that in mind everything else will be fine.
3 comments:
I am sad to hear about your fish dying. Hopefully you can find joy in something.
The trick to keeping goldfish alive is to hope for them to die. We were so excited to have a fish funeral when we got our six fish--and two of them are still alive and are a year and a half old! We also started with six, and two died in the next month, so to increase your chances of keeping them alive, buy more fish!
But in all seriousness, I'm very sorry Krystal. You work so hard for your calling, and having your fish die on top of that is such a tragedy, but I know you can do it. :) Keep the faith girl! And I am always here when you need me!!!
I feel your pain. I cried in Spain when I read the email saying that Karl the First had died.
Get a betta next time. Karl the First was a year and a half when he moved on, and I often forgot to feed him, and only changed his water every couple of weeks. Bettas are naturally hardier. And I have a feeling Zoe and Karl the First are as good of friends now as you and me... :)
Post a Comment