Saturday, February 12, 2011

Twitterpation is in the air

The online urban dictionary defines twitterpated as: "an enjoyable disorder characterized by feelings of excitement, anticipation, high hopes, recent memories of interludes, giddiness, and physical overstimulation which occur simultaneously when experiencing a new love. These feelings take over without warning, usually at odd times (such as at a check-out line), with or without the partner present, and make it difficult to concentrate on anything but romance. They interfere with work and safe driving, but should be experienced at least once in every person's lifetime."

Fabulous definition right?

Lately it seems that everyone (excepting for myself of course) has caught this bug. And in a way I'm supremely glad that I don't have to deal with it... but in another way I'm kind of jealous. Only slightly though. It's kinda fun to be able to walk into a room and see them sitting there, grinning like a fool as they go about whatever task they happen to be engaged in. The teasing that is associated with twitterpation is a lot of fun too. But I don't envy the stress and worry that comes with it. At all.

Also: being a third wheel can get old quick. And being a 5th wheel is about eight and a half times worse than being a 3rd wheel.

But golly, spring is coming, and I can tell. It's great :)

4 comments:

Snoopy said...

Oooh so true... it's like that half-jealous, half-relieved feeling, when you think, "GOSH I am SO GLAD I don't have to worry about SOME GUY who may or may not be VERY attractive asking to SIT BY ME at church and MAYBE EVEN asking me OUT on a REAL DATE phew I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that and have plenty of time for my homework..." hahahahaha oh how I know that feeling...

Mimi said...

I thought you were the 7th wheel? he he he!! can't wait to tease you when you follow the crowd :)

Logan Thomas said...

Hahaha! That is the COOLEST definition of a word ever!

Alex Jackson said...

I honestly wouldn't mind having that disorder :) Its honestly a great feeling! I love the definition, it put it so vividly. *sigh. oh the days of twitterpation!