So you know how most girls dream about their wedding? They plan it, pick out color schemes, and try to figure out what type of dress they'd like. And really, it's kinda fun sometimes.
However, I have a confession. I'm not exactly like other girls... I'd rather plan my funeral than my wedding.
Yup. My funeral. There are going to be daisies. Lots and lots of yellow daisies. And I'd like white ones too. Also: There will be balloons. Yellow balloons. And other colors are fine too. But mostly yellow ones. And while everyone is standing at my graveside they could release them into the air if they'd like...
or they can take them home and suck the helium out. Either way.
I want a star-shaped headstone. Cause really, all the headstones in the cemetery are square and it makes it awfully hard to find whoever it is you are looking for. If mine is shaped like a star it will be so much easier for my kids and grandkids to find me. OR! They could pick out a lightning bolt shaped one and inscribe it with the words: 'she was struck down for being irreverent.' Just kidding. I'd like the star... and if a simple star one is too expensive, that's fine. Just get a big rock and paint a star on the top or something. As long as you can find me with relative ease I'll be happy with it. (FYI: a heart shaped one would be a giant no-no.)
At my funeral service... I'd prefer there not be a pulpit. Instead, after an opening song and prayer, I'd like someone to sing "Oh My Father." That way those people who want to cry can get it out. And then I'd like everyone who feels so inclined to stand up and say their favorite memory of me. They should keep it short and sweet, and I hope some of them say silly things. I'd like it if people were chuckling throughout. Then after no more than an hour of that, they could all eat dessert. Doesn't that sound lovely?
So yeah. I'm warped. But I'm fine with it.
Oh, and if you think I'm going to write my own obituary you can dream on. I'm not that warped.
3 comments:
You make me laugh. :) But I love your plans. Very Krystal. :)
I won't lie, planning your funeral ahead of time might be wiser than planning your wedding. You'll still be alive when you get married so you pretty much have a say in everything, but with a funeral...well you're dead and if you didn't voice any preferences then really your family can do whatever they would like! And I also have to say that I LOVE the positive feelings that everyone will have at your funeral :) Love you girly :)
BAhahahahahaha oh, you would... you would... though I am totally in favor of the whole yellow balloon releasing thing. That would be totally awesome!
Post a Comment