Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm going to brag...

because this is MY blog. And I am allowed to be as ridiculous as I want on it. Because after all, no one is forcing you to read this. (Which, tangent: I must give a big fat thank you to all ya'll who do actually care enough to read my musings. You're wonderful.)

Anyways. Back to bragging time...

Tonight I felt like crap. I could tell I'm getting sick, I was tired, and just, bleh. Yeah. 'Bleh' is definitely the right describing word to use.

And the blehness, it needed to be helped. Thus an internal battle: go running, or take a nap? Nap or running? Pain or sweet release? hmm... hmmm... hmmmmmmmmmm......

Then Sharlee came home from her run: and I felt GUILTY. Yes. Guilty, because I should be better. I should run more. I should take better care of myself.

So I hauled myself off my butt and went to the gym. And because I can't be too ambitious, I chose the elliptical over the treadmill.

28 minutes later I had run 3 miles. Yes ladies and gentlemen of the court: I averaged a 9.something minute mile... for 28 minutes. And I was so happy I wanted to do a cartwheel. And then I ran home because I felt so GOOD.

You can laugh. In fact, you should laugh. You should also probably mock my measly running attempts. But at least I try.

I usually don't really enjoy running much. Today it was awesomely incredible. I think I glimpsed the 'runners high' that I am always hearing about and am oh so envious of. And so I needed to tell my blog: I did good. I pushed myself hard. I conquered for a day. And I'm going to sleep soooo well tonight.

3 comments:

Chess said...

Mmmmm, I'm jealous! I can't use the Fieldhouse anymore, but let me tell you, this summer, if you run at least four miles without stopping, when you get to the end... my gosh, it feels SO GOOD. You are awesome! Way to go!

Taylor said...

Yay Krystal! You are my hero. I... can't do that, and can never get up the motivation to exercise. :) You inspire me.

Tairsa said...

Krystal you rock!!! Isn't running the best? Man, good times.