Maybe it's just that this week has been a crazy one... but lately I seem to find myself living in the past. Mostly because I don't know what to look forward to in my future.
I don't know where I'm going. I talk the big talk and say I want to go to grad school and serve a mission... but honestly - right now I just can't see how either of those things are possible for me to pull off. And then there is the fact that I work my tail off- and never seem to get to where I want to be.
Maybe I'm going in the wrong direction.
Or maybe it's just 12:32am.... and I'm tired and worn out and emotionally exhausted.
But the thing is... I've felt like this for a week.
I know we aren't supposed to live in the past... but lately I've been wishing that I could go back. It's so much easier to grow up when you have something to look forward to. A plan of where you want to go, or at least a goal to reach for. But when you find yourself looking around, wondering how on earth you got to where you are and thinking "golly gee... where the devil am I going?" It kind of gets hard to be excited to keep pushing forward.
It would be so nice to go back to that night when I was lying next to my Grandmother's bed, and she held my hand while I fell asleep. Or that evening when I sat on the front steps of my house with two great friends, and dreamed about how bright my future was going to be. Or that sunny summer day when my highschool friends and I sat on the grass in the park, and predicted what we were all going to be like when we grew up.
Don't get me wrong... my life is pretty good. A little rough at the moment... but hey, I can deal with it. But I just don't see where I am supposed to go. And that scares me to pieces. I have this idea of what I want- but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get it. At least not in the same way or time I would choose. That isn't bad- but not knowing what is around the corner... and realizing that maybe what I hope is coming is actually a very long way off... is a mite depressing to me.
At one point I thought I knew what was around the bend. But I think I was wrong.
1 comment:
I enjoy reading your blog, you are a very insightful writer. Good Luck figuring your life out. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for you even if you don't know what it is right now. I know he is always watching out for you.
Post a Comment